Très jeune public et jeune public
+44 (0) 1325 352 004
The Takeoff Festival of Theatre for Children and Young People is England's leading sector development event for those working in the field of theatre for young audiences. Since 1997, the annual festival has taken place in various locations across the North East of England and, in recent years with a more steady home in Darlington, the festival has begun to flex its muscles with an increasingly varied programme of work, scratch opportunities for artists developing work for young audiences, the invitation to be a member of the European Small Size network, sell-out delegate packages and some high quality guest programmers.
In 2012, Takeoff builds on these achievements and finds a new home in Durham with a more ambitious six day festival, including a 3 day delegate experience focussed in Durham City.
- Be a focus for celebration of the best of children’s theatre from the UK and abroad
- Bring that work to the North East for the benefit of children, young people, their families and friends in the region to enjoy. Ensure the work reaches young audiences in Co Durham that have limited access to quality arts experiences.
- Be the leading UK festival for those with an interest in the field of theatre for young audiences, be they artists, producers, programmers, funders or policy makers
- Support artists in the early development of ideas for work for young audiences and provide a platform to show that work and support it where is shows promise
- Pack Durham City with a vibrant, brilliant programme of family theatre for people to enjoy and to contribute to Durham’s identity as a fantastic destination for visitors